Spicy Fishy Burger
As a student, I used to LOVE eating sushi and sometimes a fish filet as well. Now as a vegan, anything fish is of course out of the window. But thanks to the amazing people from Vivera we can enjoy a fish-free fish burger!! I tried making a proper meal with it and it was a success. And boy o boy it does taste and smell like fish. But only better, because it's 100% plant-based and actually soy free too.
Be honest, this picture makes you really hungry ;)
Macro- & micronutrients:
- 1062 calories
- Protein: 30g
- Carbs: 143g
- Fat: 37g
- Fibre: 10g
- High in Calcium, Magnesium, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Folate, Manganese, Zinc, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Iron & much more! A very nutritious meal :)
- 1 Vivera fish burger
- 1 large bread roll
- 1 tomato
- 10 grams alfalfa
- 1 avocado
- 10 grams rocket
- 200 grams sweet potato
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 lemon
- 100 mL unsweetened soy yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 drops of tabasco
- 1 teaspoon of lemon grass paste
- 2 tablespoon BBQ sauce
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees celsius
- Cut the sweet potatoes in round discs ("rosties") no larger than 1cm thick
- Place the discs/rosties on a metal tray and bake them for 40 minutes in the oven
- Place the oil in a small frying pan and preheat on a medium-high fire.
- Fry the burger until it is a solid brown color on both sides
- Start making your spicy sauce in the meantime. Add 100 mL of unsweetened soy yoghurt to a small bowl and add the pepper, salt, garlic powder, lemon grass, thyme and tabasco. Stir for at least one minute to make sure the soy yoghurt has completely liquified and has mixed well with the other ingredients.
- Cut the tomatoes and onion in discs
- Cut the avocado in slices
- Cut the large roll in half to make two large buns
- Add some rocket to the bottom bun. Add the burger on the bed of rocket and put the tomatoes, onion and avocado on top of it. Finish off with some alfalfa and add as much spicy sauce as you like!
- Serve with your sweet potatoes, BBQ sauce and the leftovers from your veggies to make a meek salad.
Are you going to try out this fishless burger? Big shoutout to Vivera for providing such an amazing burger that not only tastes amazing, but also is very high in nutritients! :).