An all-time classic for anyone doing fitness is oats. More specifically, these delicious protein-rich oats! They're really tasty with a variety of ingredients, either simple or complicated, leaving you full and happy :) Oats are full of fibre and precious plant-based proteins, making them a great way to start the day. I personally love combining it with a protein supplement and peanut to increase the protein content and the unsaturated fat content. And I love cinnamon, but feel free to replace it with coconut flakes, cocoa powder or something else. Add sliced bananas or other fruits for a more fruity taste.
Macro- & micronutrients:
- 395 calories
- Protein: 31g
- Carbs: 30g
- Fat: 16g
- Fibre: 5g
- High in Calcium, Magnesium, Vitamin B6 and Iron
- 40 grams oats
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 250 ml water
- 1 scoop of vegan protein powder (chocolate flavour or flavourless is best!)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- Place the oats and the water in a medium-sized bowl and add water and salt
- Heat in the microwave for 2 to 2.5 minutes (750-900W). Check it regularly so the oats don't spill.
- Take the bowl out of the microwave and add the scoop of vegan protein powder. Mix until the protein powder has dissolved completely. Then add the tablespoon of peanut butter and cinnamon.
What's your favourite way to eat oats? Let me know!